Novalager Modern Hybrid Lager Yeast
LalBrew NovaLager™ is a true bottom fermenting Saccharomyces pastorianus hybrid that produces clean lager beers with distinct flavor characteristics and superior fermentation performance. LalBrew NovaLager™ is a robust lager strain with ideal characteristics for lager beer production including fast fermentations and high attenuation. The distinct flavor profile is very clean, slight esters over a wide temperature range. Through expression of a β-glucosidase enzyme, LalBrew NovaLager™ can promote hop biotransformation and accentuate hop flavor and aroma. This strain is a low VDK/diacetyl producer to ensure that the strain will not produce hydrogen sulfide off flavors, therefore reducing the maturation time associated with lager beer production.
In Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 12°C (53.6°F) LalBrew NovaLager™ yeast exhibits:
- Vigorous fermentation that can be completed in 6 days.
- High Attenuation and Medium Flocculation.
- Aroma and flavor is clean with low to medium ester, no sulfur.
- This strain is POF negative.
- The optimal temperature range for LalBrew NovaLager™ yeast when producing traditional styles is 10 - 20°C (50 - 68°F)
Lag phase, total fermentation time, attenuation and flavor are dependent on pitch rate, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.
We Also Recommend